Part One Vocabulary and Structure
1. Thinking that you know _________ in fact you don’t is not a good idea.
A. what B. that C. when D. which
2. “_______does Mr. Johnson go to London on business?” “At lease once a month.”
A. How many B. How long C. How often D. How
3. Helen was much kinder to her youngest child than she was to the others, ________, of course, made the others jealous.
A. who B. what C. that D. which
4. I suppose you are not serious, ________?
A. do I B. don’t I C. are you D. aren’t you
5. The teacher, as well as all his students, ______by the dancer’s performances.
A. was impressed B. had impressed C. impressed D. were impressed
6. The _______care of the body requires an understanding of its needs, allowing for variations resulting from climate, age or occupation.
A. proper B. tender C. warm D. mild
7. Mr. Wright was the ________president of Ace Construction Company.
A. previous B. before C. latter D. former
8. With regarding to this model of color TV sets, the home-made ones are by no means ______ those made in Japan.
A. less inferior to B. less inferior than C. inferior than D. inferior to
9. This book ________ me twenty dollars.
A. is cost B. was cost C. cost D. have been cost
10. Don’t put off till tomorrow______ you can do today.
A. that B. what C when D. whether